Title: Director Business and Product Marketing
Location: IL - Chicago (Remote)
Software division of a safety, security, and sustainability company is looking for a Director of Business/Product Marketing. The role will direct a global team of 25 marketing professionals with a
go-to-market strategy. Experience with sales enablement and experience with acquisitions in the past would be ideal. The ideal candidate will have a software and/or tech background and platform marketing experience and have been in a leadership role. Reporting to the Vice President, Growth & Business Marketing, this leads the segment team of product marketers across the portfolio. This leader has a dotted line to the EVP & President of Software and Advisory business and works closely with the commercial leaders, business leadership teams and product managers to successfully commercialize products, developing and executing marketing strategies that support top line growth.
The Director Business Marketing translates technical product capabilities into customer value. This leader is responsible for the development of product value propositions, end-to-end market positioning, GTM strategies and tactical implementation. The growth
potential is exceptional as this is a new platform and working in an existing 350 million dollar business unit.
Ideal location for this job is Chicago, IL or Austin, TX but can be remote.
- Translates technical products and features into benefits for the customer.
- Follows and analyzes market trends to position products.
- Develops product marketing strategies (e.g., pricing, advertising, product launching).
- Crafts product messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns, etc.).
- Maintains marketing product/industry expertise and ensures connectivity with industry vertical commercial teams.
- Maintains product level strategy foundations materials including personae and market positioning.
- Collaborate with business team to uncover insights for developing marketing
and branding strategies for existing and new products
- Conduct meetings regularly with account managers to review pipeline, resolve challenges, and brainstorm possible solutions, and provide training to ensure team is consistently performing above standard
- Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and provide post-event reports and analysis
- Leads identification of segmentation needs and deploys resources for segment research and/or or analysis.
- Directs team to ensure products are well positioned within industry marketing strategies.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by developing accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback, and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct and
follow all physical and digital security practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Marketing or a related discipline. plus generally 5-7 years’ experience in product marketing. Master’s in marketing or a related field, preferred.
- Technical aptitude, or Engineering background, preferred.
- Expert and disciplined communicator.
- Strong collaboration, drives team engagement and team building.
- Excellent facilitation, project planning and management.
- Strong business acumen.
- Budget management, negotiation, and financial analysis skills.
- Very strong capabilities and experience working with senior executive leaders, adept at critical stakeholder management.
- Extensive experience and expertise with marketing
strategy creation and portfolio/industry marketing.
- Expert management abilities to guide direct reports and matrixed resources.