Title: Consumer Insights Manager
Location: CT - Trumbull
Global Manufacturing firm with Consumer and Industrial products is looking for a consumer Insights market researcher to join the R&D team. The position is a global role working across 3 consumer units. Market research experience with Product
Testing, Concept testing, sensory research with a blend of Qualitative and Quantitative skills are ideal. This is a hybrid role but does require someone to come to the office 3 days a week in Trumbull CT.
- Lead and manage consumer research programs supporting product innovations, new devices and packaging in close cooperation with key internal stakeholders to support innovation development and optimization.
- Design consumer studies to answer key questions and objectives
- Steer, plan, budget and execute studies
- Develop research proposals, suggest research methodologies, identify appropriate vendors
- Manage external agency/vendor partners, screening/recruitment, oversight of temporary staff, day of study execution details, preparation of study materials (screeners, surveys, discussion guides)
- Synthesize and communicate learnings / consumer insights from
studies (and past available consumer research) to stakeholders and broader cross-functional teams.
- Translate consumer needs to technical learning / terminology to ensure R&D stakeholders are developing against consumer relevant data.
- Be the voice of the consumer for the R&D team – linking teams with relevant data/insights and with CMI/Market Research when appropriate.
- Lead and guide supporting staff, providing day to day direction assigning tasks, prioritization and coaching through challenges
- Support facility and consumer panel management inclusive of facility scheduling and maintenance as well as managing temporary support and consumer panel recruiting practices.
- Maintain external focus and support the communication of new macro and industry trends. Partner with R&D and CMI/Market Research to identify trends which are relevant to the product categories and drive awareness within
the cross-functional teams.
- Identify and pilot new types of research methodologies (i.e., digital tools).
- Undergrad degree required.
- Experience with setting up consumer studies (i.e., product evaluation).
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and volunteer data base management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive co-creation mindset.
- Experience working in an R&D would be beneficial.
- Optional – experience moderating qualitative consumer research.