Title: Senior Research Director
Location: NJ - Pennington (Remote)
Full-service market research company, conducting qualitative and quantitative research in several industries, primarily insurance and financial services is growing and looking to hire multiple Senior Research Directors. The focus of this role is account management of multiple existing accounts with a consultative approach, and a deep level of research knowledge and expertise. The Senior Research Director should be able to manage multiple accounts with little or no involvement from the partners and be comfortable designing studies, writing proposals, participating in sales calls, and independently executing client meetings and presentations. Benefits include medical and dental (100% employer-paid), flexible work environment, work-at-home opportunities, and generous company holiday and vacation policies.This is a someone who can do the research and has a focus in investing /retirement/insurance financial
- Directs and supervises all functions and activities of the project to achieve the client’s goals and the successful completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and company, serving the client in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manages multiple accounts with little or no partner involvement and is the client’s primary contact point, not only for existing projects, but for consultation and potential new business.
- Works consultatively with accounts including study design and/or methodology recommendation, proposal development and budgeting, and execution.
- Assists with setting sales/growth targets, and participates in marketing activities (however, this is not a sales position).
- Manages all project-related communication with internal staff as well as
- Responsible for budgeting, proposal development
- Is highly familiar with a variety of quantitative methodologies, including online and telephone
- Develops questionnaires and/or topic guides independently
- Expertise and comfort moderating qualitative research (in-person, online/webcam, telephone, bulletin boards).
- Expertise and skill in high-level analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, including multivariate techniques.
- Can mentor and help train junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 7+ years of marketing research experience (supplier-side preferred but not required)
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Experience interacting with clients successfully and managing them throughout the research process
communication– both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Competence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in creating visually appealing reports (e.g., infographics or data visualization) a plus
- Experience with SPSS and or knowledge of statistical methodologies a plus