APPLY @ https://careers.travelers.com/job/15531079/managing-director-emr-secondary-hartford-ct/?codes=S0727
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
What Is the Opportunity?
Join the team that collaborates across Travelers to inform business decisions, drive winning strategies and enable the business to capitalize on change. Enterprise Market Research (EMR) provides business and functional area partners with objective, credible and actionable insights; helping to profitably grow the business, build the brand and positively position Travelers within the marketplace.
Secondary market research roles obtain, analyze and synthesize internal and external data sources to identify and size market and industry opportunities, understand competitors actions, and monitor external trends and their potential impact on the business.
The Managing Director, Market Research manages and conducts multiple and complex secondary research projects; summarizes and synthesizes complex and often conflicting datasets into actionable insights, and manages projects end-to-end; provides coaching/subject matter expertise to department; provides strategic direction/guidance to team.
In addition, this position may manage a team of managers, sr. analysts, analysts and/or interns.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and drives the strategy for secondary qualitative research on-demand platforms and secondary qualitative insight delivery solutions.
- Acts as a strategic consulting resource with clients and staff, providing comprehensive, secondary research solutions to solve for complicated business problems.
- Manages all facets of staff performance in order to achieve business objectives; proactively recruits for talent and acquires high caliber people with a diversity of skills and backgrounds; Manages performance and provides honest, constructive feedback.
- Responsible for quality control of team’s work, as well as performance management, coaching and development of staff.
- Generates business relevant insights from the research and uses credibility and influence to enable full consideration of recommendations.
- Oversees more complicated project requests; blends together incomplete sources of information into cohesive arguments; performs advanced market, industry, financial, and economic analysis; formulates a comprehensive answer for the client’s business question not limited to initial question scope.
- May serve as engagement lead for one or more businesses or corporate functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of market research or related experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or comparable analytical degree preferred.
- MBA, Master’s of research, or other advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of market research or related work experience preferred.
- 4+ years of leadership experience preferred.