The Research Analyst Senior, performs activities necessary to conduct residential and business customer market segment research studies that provide essential information for decision-making. This includes managing internal clients and outside research suppliers, collaborating with those same parties on research purpose and goals, generating research plans, constructing surveys through various online platforms, overseeing execution of studies, performing statistical analysis of results, and presenting findings and recommendations to clients and management. Collaborate with team members to expand the research tools and capabilities of the team. Respond to ad hoc requests for information from the department and other areas of the Company.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement:
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
1) Manage all aspects of major research projects and is accountable for project results, timeliness, and budget management. Conduct issues identification, questionnaire development, questionnaire programming, list pull, data and banner (subgroup) specifications, data analysis, report and presentation development, and communication of research results.
2) Conduct needs assessment with internal clients to determine research objectives and most appropriate and efficient research design and methodology to meet the client's research needs.
3) Evaluate and insure accuracy of all information, including research sample design, methodology, interpretation, results. Verify the accuracy and completeness of data received from vendors.
4) Solicit bids and evaluate, select and direct research suppliers to ensure that study results are valid, reliable, accurate, timely, cost effective and that they meet the research needs of the internal client.
5) Monitor research supplier interactions with customers to assure quality of data and positive impression.
6) Conduct appropriate analysis of data using basic and advanced research techniques to produce useful insights into the data and identify trends and relationships.
7) Prepare and interpret study results, assesses impact on APS strategies, and develop recommendations drawing upon knowledge of marketplace, regulatory environment, internal conditions, and external environment.
8) Evaluate existing and proposed computer hardware and software technology to insure reliable data analysis and reporting systems relating to market segment, cost allocation, rate design and profitability studies.
9) Manage complex monitoring projects, including responsibility for project planning, resource allocation, writing and negotiating requests for proposals and contracts, and reporting/managing work in progress, in order to complete projects within allocated time and budget constraints.
10) Present information on customer needs and wants, loyalty, attitudes and preferences, energy usage characteristics, and demographics by customer class and market segment that can be used to enhance target marketing efforts.
11) Coordinate secondary research activities required to obtain relevant information to address the research need.
12) Integrate customer information from various sources to provide direction for strategic planning and value-based marketing efforts.
13) Provide complete information on customer segments and demographics, using Prizm segment data usage, billing, geography, and behaviors and attitudes that help segment the markets.
14) May serve as liaison in representing APS Marketing when working with internal and external customers.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
- APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
- Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
*Employees in Flex roles are required to reside in Arizona (or NM for Four Corners-based employees). Role types are subject to change based on business need.