Title: Business Development Director
Salary: 120 -250K
Location: NY - New York (REMOTE)
Full-service research consultancy using conversational insight solutions and utilizing game-changing, proprietary conversational technologies is looking for a Business Development Director. This role is remote, but they need someone to be in one of these locations New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto or Vancouver. The Business Developer will help grow the business within the global market research/customer experience industry. This is a unique opportunity for a sales professional to make an immediate impact in a company that is growing 60%+ YOY – and in the process transforming the global market research industry. The role is working collaboratively with Fortune 500 client facing research teams to sell innovative technology-driven market research solutions. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in consultative or SaaS-based selling techniques and
be exceptional at professionally managing the entire business development process (from prospect identification to lead generation to capabilities sessions to proposal writing). Experience in the marketing research, consumer insights or customer experience fields would be a major plus so that you understand the unique buyer personas of our industry. You also must possess exceptional attention to detail, be impeccably organized and able to handle a fast-paced and high-volume work environment.
- You will be embedded in a client-facing research team that focuses on specific industry verticals and work closely with the senior leaders of these teams to identify & prioritize client prospects.
- You will map buying centers within prospective clients and develop creative outreach campaigns that are unique, distinctive and break-through the clutter to engage buyers in capabilities meetings and solutions
- You will lead capabilities sessions that showcase our unique mobile messaging-based insight technology & services packages, engaging potential buyers with tailored demos & case studies.
- You will develop persuasive proposals that highlight the value & benefits of our unique methodologies, and proactively manage follow-up during the proposal process.
- You will negotiate deal parameters and pricing in a fashion that accelerates conversion. You will contribute to seminars, conferences, webinars and other events that engage clients in the buying process. 2
- You will execute all of the above in a fast-paced environment across a diverse array of clients, managing multiple engagements at varying points in the client acquisition process.
- Your primary focus will be on net new client acquisition, but you will also assist with expansion efforts among existing
- University degree with a focus in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. 7+ years of quota carrying sales experience (consultative and/ or SaaS).
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent communication, leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with creative solutions. Tenured experience in pipeline management and sales process execution.
- Strong desire to be part of a start-up rocket ship - you thrive on change and are a resilient & positive force within a fast-paced team environment.
- Technical proficiency – you can conduct your own
demos without a Sales Engineer. A “lead by example” attitude – you roll up your sleeves and produce.
- Discipline towards the sales process – you are driven by setting and hitting goals every day.
- Highly competitive mindset – you are creative in breaking through with clients and persuasive while selling a compelling vision.
- Salesforce Management – you can accurately and efficiently maintain perfect hygiene within our CRM.
- A desire to improve business performance – you are excited by a challenge.
- Background in sales/ business development within marketing research, consumer insights or customer experience is a major plus.