Title: Market Research Analyst
Location: PA - Malvern (Remote)
Market Research consulting firm with a focus in the building material and construction industry is looking for a market research analyst to join the growing team. The Market Research Analyst is a key role within the organization with responsibility for assisting
in the development and implementation of primary and secondary research efforts for consulting engagements, syndicated data products and industry reports. In addition to assisting with research and survey management, the role includes obtaining competitive intelligence while contributing to final reporting and client deliverables. The Market Research Analyst’s objective is to assist the VP of Research and Consulting Professionals wherever needed during the research function, from inception to completion, resulting with the desired actionable insights for clients. This full-time, permanent position reports directly to the VP of Research.
- Develop, design, and program quantitative and qualitative research questionnaires, both consumer and business-to-business.
- Conduct outbound primary research calls for the purposes of collecting competitive intelligence.
- Thorough testing of all research
vehicles prior to launch to insure smooth implementation into the field.
- Sample design and procurement.
- Supporting the function of our Consulting Professionals by providing secondary research support through publicly available web canvassing to capture manufacturer revenue data, annual reports, pricing data, and plant location openings/closings. In addition, collection of industry data, including housing and commercial building statistics, pricing information, other category trend data will be required.
- Developing and/or maintaining research vendor relationships (list suppliers, call centers, online panels, specialized outside consultants).
- Proactively and collaboratively work with delivery team to fine-tune survey results to ensure most impactful and meaningful statistics are reported and communicated.
- Meet and communicate with clients the findings of research.
- Provide input and
leadership in constantly and continually improving the research process.
- Other tasks as assigned by VP of Research including survey analysis, research and consulting report writing etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, market research, or related field.
- At least two years of client-side or supplier-side, primary market research experience
- At least two years of market research questionnaire design experience.
- Example of excellent business writing skills or client deliverables.
- A collaborative approach to working with others and the ability to work effectively with a variety of personality styles.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and any survey software platform (Qualtrics a plus, not a