Title: Business Development Director
Salary: 90-140K + commission
Location: NY - New York
Management Consulting firm with 100+ employee and a focus
in Pharmaceuticals and medical devices companies in more than 50 countries and have offices in Antwerp, Basel, New York, Tokyo and Melbourne is looking to add a Key Account and Business Development Director Healthcare Americas region Americas to add to their NY location. This Business Development Director will be working remotely from home, but they need someone who can eventually get to the Midtown office. The job will be working directly with the US GM and will work closely with other consultants in Belgium. The goal is to drive the growth of the pharma and medical devices business in the Americas, with a focus on the US. The Business Development Director will expand the customer base and develop existing key accounts in the region.
- You will be responsible for proactively managing, building and retaining relationships with a variety of accounts and at various levels of their business, including senior
- You will be a trusted partner for our existing contacts and collaborate with these customers to identify unmet needs, expand our service portfolio and drive growth.
- You will prospect, identify and qualify new sales opportunities, prepare sales proposals and price estimates in cooperation with our sales operations team and negotiate and close deals.
- The perfect candidate has the determination and initiative to initiate action, influence events and achieve objectives.
- You must possess a genuine desire to serve clients and meet/exceed their expectations.
- You will work on an international team for Key Account Management and project delivery, aligning with these team members to drive our growth in the most optimal way.
- You have a master’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in a consulting company where you
preferably served pharmaceutical/medtech companies
- You have had commercial/relationship management roles in an international B2B services environment.
- You have a hunter mentality and have successfully started something from zero or limited base and built until viable business.
- You have confidence/experience in dealing with clients at various levels of their business, from local BI or marketing teams to VP level.
- You are highly motivated with the commitment to succeed.
- The successful applicant will have a proven track record in conducting meetings, presenting, up-selling and resolving issues for clients.
- You are pro-active and able to work independently within an international team.
- You can prioritize tasks, manage expectations and respond within tight deadlines. You know how to deal with pressure.
- You are a team player.
- A willingness and
ability to travel regularly within the Americas is essential. Preferably you are based in the New York City area.
- Fluency in English is an absolute must. All other languages are a plus.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word a must, while otherwise familiar with MS Office and Computer Literate.