Title: Senior Manager Consumer Insights
Salary: 120-138K + bonus + sign on
Location: NY - New York (Milwaukee/Chicago)
Financial Services company is looking to add to their growing consumer insights team. This role will be a Core team member and collaborator with cross functional teams and will develop and share
insights to help with recruiting, retention and development of multicultural segments that will drive growth across the business. The Senior Manager Consumer Insights can be in New York area or Milwaukee or Chicago area and will require someone to be in the office two days a week.
- Work cross-functionally with product, client marketing, and digital teams to develop communication and strategies that are grounded in deep cultural, consumer and competitive understanding.
- Inform discussion guides and surveys among field / client / prospect as needed.
- Deliver reports, competitive insights, and implications to assigned business partners to inform decisions that improve the consumer / client / field experience.
- Work with technical resources to design integrated internal and syndicated datasets to yield deeper analysis where
- Find opportunities to enhance the team’s analytical capabilities by evaluating current processes, new trends, working with business partners, and taking initiative to apply new and improved research approaches.
- Proactively share relevant information and competitive insights.
- Interpret and synthesize multi-source data into insights that lead to impactful marketing strategies and plans for the brand.
- Work with fellow researchers to own (and improve) knowledge management tools, processes and resources associated with the Consumer Insights team.
- Be a go-to source for ad-hoc category analysis for the Consumer Insights and marketing team.
- Help to drive clarity across multicultural segments by creating a focused and proactive learning agenda (e.g., consumer fact bases, concept testing/refinement, message optimization, client experience enhancement, thought
leadership, product/client experience, etc.).
- Visionary who can apply diverse thought and experiences; Monitor relevant consumer, brand and category trends specific to these multicultural initiatives: (e.g., Impact of Student Debt, Evolving CX expectations, Cultural ethnic shifts, etc.).
- Effectively utilize tracking data to drive baseline understanding and a clear sense of accountability among multicultural segments of interest.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, communications or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer insights, strategy or consulting.
- A proven self-starter who’s able to self-direct the management and execution of programs from inception through completion – on target, on brand, on time, on budget.
- A strong
communicator both in written and verbal form
- A strong collaborator, who is comfortable working with various levels and functions across an enterprise
- Ability to influence without authority, requiring strong relationship skills across various department subject areas
- Data oriented decision maker with strong foundation of branding practices, strategies and insights
- Able to think creatively and can apply diverse thought and experiences to optimize brand results
- Professional, energetic, inquisitive personality who embraces disruption and challenging the status quo.
- Be comfortable advocating for the consumer and driving consumer insight-led actions across the enterprise.
- Experience supporting multi-cultural and diversity & inclusivity marketing efforts is major