Title: Senior Research Manager
Location: LA - New Orleans (Remote)
Growing boutique market research firm is looking for someone who is curious, loves the market research profession and wants to make an immediate impact. With a small and growing team comes tons of opportunity, and they are looking for someone ready to
take advantage of that!
This is a remote position. Employees get promoted every 6 months typically and they offer a flex time work schedule. They deliver custom market research solutions to inform business strategy, with practice area expertise in both quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies such as :brand, advertising, customer experience, and product strategy. In addition to using System 1 and System 2 decision-making processes delivering insights that mean something and reflect the customer’s truth.
- Lead and manage team of analysts ensuring best in class storytelling and report delivery. Oversee employee’s end to end process for working with internal teams.
- Work cross-functionally with senior managers to promote collaboration and alignment to ensure delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Lead research strategy with clients partnering
to collaborate and influence brand strategy and drive performance
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on clients’ business with a focus on how previous research results should impact the direction of future research plans
- Independently design custom research solutions and corresponding survey instruments that will answer research questions and meet both the research and business objectives as defined at the proposal stage.
- Own complex and difficult client projects that proactively identifies potential problems and determines the most efficient way to deliver on client asks.
- Collaborate with team of analysts to generate insights and an understanding of implications from complex research data to “tell the story” in a clear, compelling way
- Lead the creation and direction of story-based deliverables to clients
- Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling,
concise deliverables and actionable findings that meet the client’s needs/expectations.
- Present research results to high-level clients clearly with a focus on implications for business decisions
- Support new business efforts as it relates to research design and proposal development
- Proven consulting skills: conceptualizing, analyzing, deriving insights from data and designing and executing a plan to derive results from insights
- Proven ability to synthesize a clear, compelling story from data using both visuals and writing
- Big picture mindset, but also strong attention to detail when it comes to creating client deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience working collaboratively with teams to develop strategies
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results
in a timely manner
- Strong delegation skills, but also able to be hands-on when required
- Strong presentation skills, particularly with clients present
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience writing in a professional environment
- Advanced, expert level skills in excel and powerpoint
- Experience with SPSS or other analytics or crosstabulation software
- 7+ years in market research field
- 4-year degree in business, statistics, sociology, psychology, economics; master’s degree a plus