Location: NJ - Montvale
Consumer Products firm in NJ is looking to hire a Data Governance leader. This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision makers. Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager, this individual will partner with the business and IT to define and document existing data, metrics and processes along with defining future data needs for use across the organization. This position will lead the Data Governance Council and promote and advance thinking in the organization on all aspects of data governance including data quality, metadata management, master data management. There are no direct reports reporting into this role.
- Advance the organization's thinking of data governance concepts, explaining the benefits of data governance
policies and procedures within the context of the user's needs
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Identify producers and consumers of master data as well as how the data will be used for reporting and analytics
- Align data governance objectives with overall business goals
- Lead the Data Governance Council tackling issues and setting the road-map to create a culture that manages data as an enterprise asset. Document the meeting notes and track the progress of follow-up events
- Support the Data Governance Council by driving and delivering on data-related projects and initiatives defined on the roadmap.
- Identify, document and standardize the use and governance of data in support of the enterprise's business
- Partner with the business in documenting metrics, data classifications and standards to all levels of the organization
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures existing and new data environments
- Perform data audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes. Coordinate remediation activities within the business unit and Data Management Team.
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness
- Partner with Data Stewards & influence Data Custodians on their role and their ownership of the data and maintaining standards of data quality
- Implementation of processes and procedures to minimize the risk to data integrity as well as define remediation plans to mitigate known
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Data Governance certification (i.e. DAMA Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) or Data Governance and Stewardship Professional (DGSP)) preferred
- Prior data quality or data integrity experience preferred. Strong research, data interpretation and analytical skills
- Ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate and communicate effectively among the languages used by executive, business, IT teams.
- Leadership skills with he ability to influence, communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and
complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to sell ideas and process internally at all levels.
- This position requires minimal travel on an as needed basis