Title: Senior Research Director, Market Sizing
Location: NY - New York TX- Austin (Remote)
Market Information Services firm is seeking a Research Director, of Market Understanding and Diligence.The strategic Solutions business is building out multiple practice areas within the Central Solutions and
Operations team to support a growing Surveys and Strategic Projects business. The need is for a
skilled research methods and Market Sizing expert with a strong quantitative background to lead the Market Understanding and Diligence Research Methodology practice area, which will encompass a bundle of research areas with a primary focus on market sizing, unmet needs assessment, and segmentation. As a result, the role will form partnerships with key stakeholders across the business, owning the development and standardization of new quant, qual, and multi-mode offerings, train various teams, partner with adjacent teams to optimize workflow and build client deliverables, and support the business units on client engagements/projects, and broader organization initiatives. The role will report to the Global Head of Research Methods and Analytics. As the practice expands you may lead a small team, but at least initially this role will be an individual contributor
driving a critical growth.
- Define and develop analytical methods used in market research approaches, such as MaxDiff and Conjoint.
- Support the Product Development group as a specialist in development of standardized methods and deliverables.
- Partner with Reporting and Analytics and Operations teams to build more packaged solutions and pricing strategy, align reporting outputs to methodology types, and improve quality/consistency/standardization of deliverables.
- Evaluate and onboard new vendors, software, and training required to expand into new areas of expertise.
- Contribute to companies competitive intelligence as we enter new research categories, via thought leadership to drive innovation, adopt modern methods, and maximize technology integration.
- Train, mentor, and certify the business units and Reporting and Analytics team on
advanced methods & best practices.
- Support in client discussions/proposals related to data science and advanced methodologies to address client needs.
- Engage in complex projects to identify enhancements to methodology and reporting and contribute to final QC on complex engagements to assure quality of final deliverables.
- Expand the use of council-members for quantitative research engagements to build capacity and leverage.
- Advise on the Compliance framework incorporating expectations of clients and the approach of our competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or social sciences area of focus.
- 8+ years of custom market research experience with emphasis on research methods and analytics.
- Detailed knowledge of various research methodologies, sampling design, data integration, statistics and multivariate
analysis, and advanced analytical methods.
- Proficient in a selection of modern data analysis tools and methods, such as Q, SPSS, R, Python, SQL, Sawtooth.
- Must have experience designing research and writing/presenting marketing research insights to clients.
- Previous experience building and implementing new research products, standards, and processes to be adopted company-wide is required.
- Strong collaboration skills are required to partner with stakeholders across different teams with unique requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues & clients.
- Comfortable interacting with clients across scoping, deep methods consultation, and presenting research findings.
- Must be able to build and deliver company-wide training programs, and to teach the basics and advanced aspects of research.
- Comfortable learning,
applying, and teaching new technologies and methods.
- Strong ability to bridge commercial needs with advanced methods to tackle business problems.