Summary Description: North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives is the umbrella brand for a family of three organizations that work with and for 26 local distribution cooperatives across the state. These organizations include the wholesale power provider, trade association and a materials supplier. Cooperative Insights is a business unit within the trade association responsible for providing market research services to the family of organizations, as well as to local cooperatives and cooperative clients nationally.
We are looking for a market research professional to join our team who excels in technical areas, including data analytics, while also possessing softer skills, like writing and delivering reports and providing an exceptional client experience. The Project Manager, Market Research will report directly to our Manager of Research Services and will lead market research projects and processes that support the business needs of the organization, North Carolina’s 26 local electric distribution cooperatives and cooperative clients across the country.
Academic and Trade Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in business administration, math, statistics, marketing, business analytics or equivalent mix of experience and education. Master’s degree preferred. PMP certification preferred.
Five years’ experience in market research project management, data analysis, design and programming. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; SAS knowledge, experience and/or willingness to learn preferred.
- Administer and manage quantitative and qualitative research projects for North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives, as well as local distribution co-ops in North Carolina and throughout the country
- Interface with internal and external audiences in designing, drafting and implementing market research solutions
- Manage and assist team members in the completion of various ongoing and stand-alone research projects
- Manage relationships with various market research and analytics business partners
- Develop periodic work plans and budgets for market research projects
- Assemble research proposals for prospective clients and engage in new business development activities
- Communicate survey results to diverse audiences verbally and through written reports
- Responsible for presenting results at conferences, site visits to cooperative clients and to management teams
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager of Research Services and Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing
Knowledge of project management and data analytics techniques, quantitative and qualitative analysis and market research proficiency required. Background in the energy or public utility industry is a plus.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to cultivate client relationships internally and externally
- Outstanding collaboration skills and ability to build strong working relationships across internal and external teams
- Exceptional time-management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficiency in software and applications, including CRM platforms, Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit understanding of analytics software applications; SAS knowledge preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency in statistics and market research fundamentals and willingness to stay current on methods and trends, including participation in professional development activities
- Maintain working knowledge of applied analytics capabilities and state of the art software applications for quantitative and qualitative applications
- Communicate progress reports on work activities to team members and management
Relationships and Contacts:
Reports to: Manager of Research Services and is accountable to this person for results achieved. Teamwork and collaboration required of all positions.
Directs: Works collaboratively with team members and leads contract employees, interns and consulting firms in the fulfillment of analytics and market research projects.
Normal office working conditions. Some travel required to cooperative sites, vendor locations,
conferences and educational training sites.