We are a fast-growing market research firm with an entrepreneurial culture. We’ve spent the past 40 years using analytics and research to help businesses understand their customers, and we work across industries in more than 80 countries with some of the largest brands in the world. We value diverse perspectives and believe that different voices and viewpoints make us stronger. We’re also proud to have a helpful and supportive culture, where we take time to celebrate accomplishments both large and small. And while we’re grounded in our rich history, we never stop searching for new approaches and tools; we were named the #1 Most Innovative Insights Firm in North America by the GRIT Report in 2019.
With offices around the world, our 500+ teammates work across a dozen business units, collaborating with clients in entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer packaged goods and more. Our experienced leadership team offers stability and structure, while our commitment to innovation fosters groundbreaking initiatives that help us improve our research approaches—like our Pragmatic Brain Science teams, who explore new psychological frameworks to better understand customer motivations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a growth-oriented Senior Research Manager with a passion for client management and a desire to lead. As a senior-level leader, you’ll wear many hats—you’ll conduct research, manage projects, and mentor your team—while working closely with Fortune 500 clients and in partnership with LRW department leaders.
We believe you’re only as strong as your team, and we’re looking for a new team member who is energized by growing, developing, and motivating others. Here you will set your sights on personal and group development—whether that means expanding your team, becoming a director, or running your own business unit. Your success is our success.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a thought partner to our clients, educating them about every step of the process, while developing trust and building lasting relationships.
- Advise direct reports and share responsibility for their growth and development.
- Manage project activities while achieving excellent financial results.
- Manage data collection, processing, tabulation, analysis, and reporting, and use your findings to translate complexity into compelling stories.
- Strategize at a high level alongside other LRW business leaders.
- Inform business decisions and learn and adapt to cutting-edge technologies that drive efficiency.
- Work with the programming, design, data collection, marketing, and data science teams. With an abundance of internal resources, you’ll have the support you need to focus on your areas of expertise.
- You want to grow your career as a manager—maybe you’ve managed a bit in the past and hope to continue building that skill.
- You’ve conducted market research, and you have the curiosity and determination to dig in to understand an occurrence or observation and draw out rich insights. And you double-check the details.
- You have the passion to experiment outside of your comfort zone, especially when it makes your team stronger and helps you all learn.
- You thrive in collaboration with others and can also self-motivate and self-manage when the job calls for it.
- You understand that managing sometimes means taking on a range of different tasks to help the group succeed.
- You keep your team and projects on track. You have passion and skills for prioritizing, delegating, and sticking to a timeline, and when priorities shift, you have the confidence to make strategic decisions and manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- You’re an analytical, strategic thinker with strong business acumen, and you want to keep stretching and developing those parts of your brain.
- You know what it takes to create a delightful client experience, and you handle the ups and downs of client work with enthusiasm.
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s in social sciences, business, economics, or a related field.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, paid time off, paid parking, casual dress, company-wide and team events
- Centrally located offices in energizing cities around the country
- Performance-based culture and endless opportunities for growth
- Mentorship and formal training to help you grow, including courses from LRW University