Title: Enterprise Data Manager
Location: NJ - Montvale
Consumer Products firm in NJ is looking for an Enterprise Data Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate must have data governance/strategy and data management acumen experience. Must have managed a team of 2 or more directs, as this role will
have 4 direct reports. The role reports into the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis.
This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision-makers. This individual is responsible for fostering value creation from the use of the organization's data assets. The authorities include value creation through envisioning data-enabled strategies as well as enabling all forms of business outcomes through data management and governance and enterprise information policy. This individual will partner with the analytics team to leverage existing data and help define future data needs that will drive business insights. The Enterprise Data Manager will also promote and advance thinking in the organization on all aspects of data governance including data quality, metadata management, master data management, and information
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise's data platform.
- Partner with the Analytics team to help formulate the strategic roadmap.
- Provide data expertise to the organization.
- Identify key trends, opportunities, and challenges within our data; design projects, goals, and outcomes to drive key initiatives forward to improve team and company results.
- Identify new kinds, types, and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization.
- Support the Data Governance Council by driving and delivering on data-related projects and initiatives defined on the roadmap.
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality
producers and consumers of master data as well as how the data will be used for reporting and analytics.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics.
- Implementation of processes and procedures to minimize the risk to data integrity as well as define remediation plans to mitigate known data risks.
- Communicate and liaise between business units to thoroughly understand business requirements and its impact on master data additions and changes
- Document and define existing data structures and relationships between ERP and supporting systems
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of data maintenance by the team and monthly reporting of key performance data management metrics with a focus on data quality and accuracy
- Provide input on data requirements and participate in
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in efforts sponsored by the business unit which impact data. In-Depth knowledge of assigned business processes is expected to be learned over time
- A bachelor's or master's college degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 plus years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts. SAP experience a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership; ability to develop direct reports, track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Ability to
communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Data literacy -- the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholders.
- Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
- Capacity to work in a non-structured environment and help in building structure/governance processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy
and attention to detail. The ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels.