Qualitative and Quantitative Field Management Director
A leading progressive public opinion research firm located in Washington, DC seeks a highly organized, self-starter to manage all aspects of data collection and vendor relations in a fast-paced political environment. This position will lead our data collection and logistics department supporting research analysts by managing all aspects of quantitative and qualitative data collection. Responsibilities include analyzing call data, monitoring procedures, working with analysts to improve research methods, and overseeing the work of third-party vendors such as phone centers and focus group facilities.
Position requires the ability to coordinate logistics in a fast-paced environment and to multitask effectively. Preference for a candidate with data training through graduate study or equivalent experience. Working knowledge of survey sampling a plus. Previous hands on professional experience, familiarity with political campaigns, and latest mixed-mode survey sampling techniques are highly valued. Must have proven organizational skills and be very detail oriented. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with vendors and subcontractors are required.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and may manage additional staff persons.
- Manage, track and plan for the logistics of all research projects independently
- Manage vendors to ensure smooth execution of surveys and focus groups recruiting
- Assist the analysts in ordering sample
- Analyze nightly calling to ensure vendors are executing our methodological practices accurately
- Keep records of and analyze ongoing dispositions/response rates to detect trends in calling and offer solutions to keep work on track
- Seek new vendor relationships and troubleshoot existing ones
- Conduct preliminary research for sampling frames
- Supervision of subcontractors and studies
- Communication of progress and ability to proactively flag problems to senior staff
- Assist in the training of junior staff firm wide