Are you looking for a new role in marketing research that will support your innovative ideas and future focus? C+R Research is looking for a skilled Quantitative Research Director in our Chicago, IL office. The Research Director is a senior, hands-on analyst role that includes front-line client involvement, designing and overseeing research projects, guiding project execution and providing strong analytic insights. This role is involved in all aspects of research projects from brainstorming research designs and proposal development through analyzing data and creating written reports and other deliverables. This role also collaborates with and mentors other quantitative analysts to successfully implement and run the day-to-day tasks involved in client research projects. The Research Director will work alongside a VP or SVP to develop and maintain strong client relationships by consistently delivering thoughtful research, responsive client service and expert consultation.
C+R is not structured by business verticals, and we thrive on variety. This role will provide the opportunity to apply skills across a range of business sectors, from food, beverages and retailers, to media, durable goods and industrial products.
- Respond to client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended custom research design, methodology, timing and costs.
- Develop and apply quantitative research methods to address a broad array of marketing issues.
- Develop screeners and questionnaires to address research objectives.
- Manage all aspects of survey projects, including: field coordination, survey programming, quality control, data processing, analysis planning and report publishing.
- Oversee vendor relationships for tasks or processes that are outsourced.
- Ensure the delivery of complete and accurate data tabulations.
- Develop data analysis plans, which may include collaborating with C+R’s in-house Advanced Analytics department about appropriate statistical techniques to leverage
- Analyze and interpret data to develop insightful and inspirational reports including: presentation set-up, data posting, data analysis and editorial write-up. This also includes writing conclusions and identifying opportunities or recommendations that address clients’ business issues.
- Manage analyst team. Provide general direction, training on research processes and methods, and administer appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Train operations and analyst staff on guidelines and procedures of quantitative department.
- Attend client meetings and presentations.
- Build strong client relationships through effective communications and a focus on quality research.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about your clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.