Title: Research Director
Location: CA - Encino
Boutique market research consultancy with survey experts who conduct research to substantiate advertising claims, provide expert testimony for intellectual property litigation, and support companies in building brands and businesses is seeking a Research Director (RD) to design surveys
and manage research projects. The RD must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree (preferred) or have achieved ABD (All But Dissertation) status, and must be skilled in designing survey research, analyzing data, identifying insights, and clearly communicating findings.
- Design and direct research projects, primarily consisting of surveys.
- Analyze research data and run crosstabs.
- Write reports and present findings to clients.
- Conduct secondary research to obtain background information.
- Manage relationships with data collection vendors.
- Serve as liaison between clients and team members.
- A PhD or Doctorate (preferred) or ABD status in marketing, management, or a research-based social science, such as psychology, political science, or sociology.
- Strong data analysis skills, including
knowledge of statistics.
- Clear written and communication skills, including experience writing reports, academic articles, or technical papers.
- Attention to detail, including the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to set priorities across multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and vendors.