Title: Regional Account Manager- Sensory Research
Location: GA - Atlanta
Sensory and Consumer Insights Research Company for Fortune 1000 companies is looking for a regional account manager to be the leading force that fuels growing client relationships in regional markets. The ideal person will have proven experience expanding client relationships, identifying competitive threats and ensuring customer satisfaction within accounts. You’ll be a proactive and curious member of our growing client services team, responsible for meeting aggressive revenue targets and engaging your dedicated team to achieve them.
- To grow business with a given portfolio. In order to drive revenue growth within the portfolio, it is expected that the account manager will develop lasting, trust-based relationships with their respective clients
- Account Managers would be responsible for creating a plan to deliver against stated revenue objectives including quarterly projections, etc.
- Manage a dedicated team of Account Managers, Research Analysts, and Project Managers
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of results
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Act as a subject matter expert, consultant and advisor on research methodologies
- Develop learning plans for clients and industry organizations
- Be a mentor to developing team members by encouraging curiosity and growth
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Participate in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Follow-up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a
database of existing clients and prospects within our existing client base
- Perform prospecting activities such as networking and client visits to maintain and secure continued revenue growth with assigned clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Sensory, Food Science, Psychology or related field required
- Master’s or PhD degree in Sensory, Food Science, Psychology or related field preferred
- Experience in identification and application of core sensory tools to drive product guidance and validation
- Experience in the interpretation and use of advanced statistical data, DOEs, Category Appraisals, Benchmarking, Drivers of Liking, multi-variate analysis etc.
- Experience working with external vendors to run quantitative and qualitative consumer testing for guidance and validation, or supplier side experience managing these types of projects.
- Ability to translate research results into insights to support client learning objectives
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Prior experience in managing multiple projects at various stages of completion and the support team from beginning to end
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software, with aptitude to learn systems
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet
with clients and prospects
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses preferred
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems preferred