Title: Director, Partnership Solutions- Sensory Research
Location: IL - Chicago
Sensory Research firm is looking for a professional who knows the industry and can connect with clients—from sensory scientists to consumer insight professionals in large CPG companies.
position is responsible for maintaining, managing and growing the Sensory and Consumer Insights Program executed on-site at their client in downtown Chicago. This role attends project kick-off meetings and subsequent meetings to ensure proper methodology and best sensory practices are adhered to. This includes designing, guiding, overseeing execution, determining proper analysis, data interpretation and determining how to report findings.
- Ability to manage a dedicated team of researchers such as, sensory technicians, food scientists, project managers, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of results
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Act as a subject matter
expert, consultant and advisor on research methodologies
- Develop learning plans for clients and industry organizations
- Be a mentor to developing team members by encouraging curiosity and growth
- Attend all meetings that pertain to major decision making for all projects.
- Act as the project lead for advanced projects
- Recommend proper methodology and research paths
- Set in place testing protocols according to best practices
- Set pricing for studies
- Explore and implement new and innovative methodologies to address unmet business needs
- Present findings to client
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to other professionals on staff
- Able and willing to work flexible hours to accommodate research execution needs.
- Minimum 7 years of Consumer Research and Sensory Science project experience
- BS/BA/MS/PhD in Sensory Science, Food Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field.
- 4+ years in project team leadership function/role or management
- Strong experience in Sensory and Consumer Research for Productivity and Innovation
- Experience in a managing sensory programs across
food and beverage categories
- Expertise in sensory evaluation methodology
- In-depth knowledge of technical tools and resources to support, enhance sensory testing (DDE software, analysis packages, etc.)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis for sensory science
- Strong coach and mentor
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
experience effectively collaborating across levels and functions
- Proven success multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of ownership, accountability, and professional commitment