Title: Senior Research Associate
Location: NY - New York
Leading global financial institution with asset management strategies with offices in the world’s major financial centers including Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Boston, and Dallas is looking for a primary market research professional.
- Conduct all survey based primary research for investment teams.
- Utilize quantitative surveys to help answer investment questions and provide valuable insight into key issues impacting companies, sectors and economic performance.
- Conduct consumer and B2B research in several industries, including but not limited to Consumer/Retail, Technology, Media, Healthcare and Industrials.
- Conduct highly valued research in a fast-paced environment across a variety of sectors and populations
- Work with best-in-class investment teams to design and
execute primary research solutions
- Develop strong survey research, vendor and client relations skills
- Work in a dynamic team environment that fosters autonomy and career development
- Lead and manage multiple market research projects from the proposal stage through final data analysis and report delivery
- Meet with investment teams to assess survey needs
- Identify and implement the appropriate research design/methodology and timeline
- Design survey research instruments that will answer research questions and meet the overall business objective
- Conduct questionnaire review and test survey programs to ensure specifications are met
- Select and manage research partners and vendors on the execution of fieldwork
- Synthesize and analyze data, write summary reports that are tailored to investment team needs
- Minimum 5 years quantitative market research or finance experience.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience at a market research supplier or equity research or investment banking firm coupled with experience conducting global consumer research
- Strong understanding of sampling methodology, incidence, quotas, response rates
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with SPSS would be ideal
- Capable of working within tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to derive meaningful insights and “connect the dots” from collected survey data
- Collaborative and willing to “pitch in” where necessary throughout the research
- Bachelor’s Degree