Title: Business Insights Manager
Location: CA - Sacramento
Consumer Products firm is looking to expand their Consumer Insight and Analytics team. The Business Analytics and Insights Manger role will lead foundational learning across the organization in the area of consumption and analytics for effective brand and new
product measurement. The ideal candidate will drive change and best practices within North America consumption tracking as well as, deliver value added analysis and reporting to illuminate in market brand performance.
- Develop and execute value added analyses to support the key North America brands to drive business insights.
- Lead the development of key reports to monitor and highlight areas of opportunity through impactful reporting.
- Aptitude to synthesize and create a cohesive picture from a wide variety of information types and sources (e.g. consumption data IRI/Nielsen and household panel data).
- Ability to analyze multiple data points and simplify in key messages for upper management.
- A Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with data and guiding research agencies in analyses.
- Leads new product tracking for key launches and recommend
key metrics to track and report in palatable dashboards.
- Gives voice to the in-market results and collaborate closely with Marketing and Category management partners.
- To display a curiosity of additional data sources outside of syndicated data, such as Social/Digital as an example that may add value to in-market insight performance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- 3 years of business insights, managing syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI), or category management experience for a CPG organization.
- Partner the Director of Insights through the upcoming RFP process to select the best key partner for the division.
- Execute the Analytics Roadmap with the Director of
Insights and influence the Roadmap for the future years.
- Flawless project management and ability to establishing internal and external partnerships. (IRI / Nielsen).
- Collaborate across departments while also coaching business partners (Marketing and Sales) on new analytical analysis.
- Utilize several data points to drive business insights and tell the story by connecting multiple data sources.
- Ability convey and simplify complex data.
- Knowledge of analytical insight tools and processes including strong proficiency in syndicated data sources including consumption data (IRI, Nielsen), pricing, marketing mix modelling a bonus (not essential).
- Use market data to build brand knowledge, understand competitive dynamics and recognize opportunities for brand and/or portfolio growth.
- Track consumer performance metrics that drive the category (AWOP / Penetration / Frequency)
across the brands.
- Track New Product launches across multiple touch-points and develop palatable dashboards to communicate across brand teams and upper management.
- Support Marketing and Sales in providing insight with informed analysis to support new product sell-ins.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), a self-starter and to work collaboratively as a team is key.
- MBA or advanced degree in research or statistical field North America Insight / Research experience.
- Ability to think of creatively and connect multiple data sources to illuminate business insights.
- Ability to enrich our understanding of business analytics in order to develop brand performance in market.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Advanced skills in using IRI, Unify platforms or Nielsen.
- Ability to write macros and develop
automated reporting a plus.