Title: User Experience Designer
Location: NY - New York
Computer Software firm is looking for a UX Designer who will be collaborating with Consultants, product owners, program managers and technical consultants to design innovative digital reports, dashboards, presentations and surveys for clients. This role is responsible for bridging the gap between easy to use and visually exciting reports and surveys, and the development of these reports and surveys, by producing clear and concise requirements for design based on business, technology and client needs.
- Produce meaningful and aesthetically pleasing designs for clients, stakeholders, managers and executives
- Collaborate with Consultants to ensure functional requirements align with best-practice design principles
- Transition design into development with the implementation team
- Develop cutting edge design templates and
- Transform data analysis into a visual story
- 3+ years of experience working with clients and presenting ideas to large project teams. Portfolio review required.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Expert level of design tools including: Design software such as Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or Figma.
- Wireframe and prototyping tools such as InVision, Justinmind or Balsamiq
- Experience conducting user research with methods such as interviews, participatory design, surveys, and usability testing
- Experience designing dashboards, information graphics and data visualizations is ideal
- Lead project’s design concept through to completion, from requirements gathering, business analysis and user research to content strategy and planning, user testing, high and low fidelity wire frames,
- Strategic and creative thinking that translates business intelligence into actionable plans for design.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile software development environment; designing reporting and presentations.
- Experience working with responsive frameworks.
- Experience working on agile software development teams.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to deliver results on a demanding timeline.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to produce the best result for the customer
- Ability to respond to critical feedback and manage client expectations.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence and story design through big