Title: Senior Marketing Research Analyst
Location: PA - Pittsburgh
Medical Device firm is looking for a market research analyst who develops insights to drive the overall strategy and performance for the global business. The Marketing Analyst will develop the organization’s understanding of
customer/business insights through delivery of business analytics and market research and will integrate insights as the foundation for decision-making. The Market Research Analyst will lead quantitative primary research efforts, vendor selection and management of outsourced projects, and management of analytic projects leveraging internal and external data.
- Lead primary and secondary market research efforts conducted internally and with third party vendors. Frequently leads analysis of results for key findings and reports results as needed.
- Clearly defines research objectives and key questions. Designs research projects using common qualitative and quantitative marketing research methods, and applies essential research design principles (pretesting, upfront analysis planning, and creating rational and achievable project plans).
- Ensures management and coordination of market research
studies including study design, screener and questionnaire development, recruitment, fieldwork logistics, data collection, planning and management.
- Imparts operational excellence in project management of primary research projects and internal analytic projects. Ensures accuracy and attention to details for all phases of research, including questionnaire programming, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify business insights through data analysis and make data driven business recommendations.
- Query and aggregate data from multiple databases to create and segment customer data/reports. Analyze, trend, and report on key business metrics.
- Perform data analysis to identify impact of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Presentation of data and recommendations for business decisions-making.
- Identify appropriate data sources and build forecast data models for
- Thoroughly defines problems, and structures/recommends analytical paths or research approaches to solve them leveraging internal or external data.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and manage cross functional projects with Sales Operations, Engineering, and others.
- Summarizes and communicates research results, including presentation to senior leadership.
- Synthesizes information and facts to draw supported conclusions and insights
- Leverages internal and external data/databases to create reports and models for marketing team.
- Expert at identifying data limitations or weaknesses and leading recommendations to leverage existing data despite limitations. Recommends processes for improving the integrity of existing data/databases.
- Five to seven years’ experience working in marketing or a related business
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience managing primary research initiatives required.
- 5 years’ experience managing analytic projects required.
- Experience building forecast data models pulling from multiple data sources and triangulating data when appropriate to increase forecast accuracy required.
- Prior scenario modeling required.
- Experience identifying and evaluating data sources and their level of integrity required.
- Experience utilizing customer relationship management systems or a database equivalent to develop value added tools for sales and marketing and track ROI of campaigns or programs required.
- Experience using databases to perform customer segmentation and customer targeting.
- Prior experience analyzing and trending data required.
- Prior experience
identifying insights from data, and making data driven recommendations required.
- Intermediate knowledge and prior application of basic statistical methods including sample size calculations confidence intervals, correlations, regression.
- Experience in the medical device industry would be a plus.
- Experience with SPSS or similar analysis software a plus.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau a plus.
- Experience with predictive modeling/analytics is a plus.
- The individual must be well-organized, pay close attention to detail, and possess strong analytical skills. The individual must possess strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrate the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information and results to a variety of audiences.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient in Word, Access, and
PowerPoint with Expert knowledge of Excel including formula generation.