Title: Business Development Manager
Location: NY - New York
Information Services firm is looking for a hunter sales professional. The position’s primary mission is to accelerate new sales and expand the firm’s user base within market research/marketing agencies. This person will be responsible for
contract value, new logo targets, revenue, and other key performance indicators. This candidate will also need to be comfortable and confident working with senior leaders across both the internal organization and within their clients, including selling into CEOs and founders and SVPs/CMOs of marketing agencies. The position in based in NYC but could also be location in Austin, or San Francisco.
- Leverage his/her own professional network and sales skills to build and sell new relationships for the firm and engage at a granular level with executives on topics of critical importance to their businesses.
- Meet with senior level prospects regularly to articulate the firm’s value proposition, especially with respect to applications of firm at marketing agencies – most notably to win new business, bolster client work, and get smart in new/emerging industries/products.
- Enhance customer
targeting, segmentation and outreach while refining the firm’s value proposition in the segment.
- Further develop the firm’s service offering, and explore opportunities for new product and channel development, such as executing an event strategy for marketing and prospect development or selling new Learning and Development sessions.
- This person will continually assess industry trends, the marketplace, competitive behaviors, customer preferences, and best marketplace practices.
- Engage regularly with business development and research colleagues, communicate client/prospect-specific insights across the team, and provide mentorship to teammates as they develop.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales roles selling to market research firms
- Successful hunting experience is required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Executive presence, the ability to interact with senior executives and professionals
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism