Title: Manager Market Research, Insights
Salary: 65-85K +
Location: CA - Los Angeles
Boutique Market Research Supplier with locations in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago is seeking an innovative quantitative researcher to manage a diverse slate of work and clients.This position will partner closely with research and
strategy colleagues to grow and build domestic and global client relationships. The right candidate will have stellar quantitative technical research skills from networking and capabilities discussions to crafting project proposals, questionnaires, story-driven deliverables, and participating in key research activities in order to foster client relationships.
- Be the first point of contact for clients on projects and maintain comprehensive notes, demonstrating an ability to own client contact for projects of appropriate complexity,
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”),
- Manage relationship with external vendors, including managing quality control, approving coding lists and providing clear instructions to vendors.
- Manage programming and
fielding operations, including survey programming, analysis plan, and banners/tabs.
- Lead report creation, including writing, analysis, chart/table creation in Excel or PowerPoint, Assist or lead writing survey questionnaires, in alignment with key survey writing principles
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) prior to survey field
- Conduct secondary deck research to augment primary research learnings.
- Be able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly.
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- Basic understanding of qualitative research; able to guide the transition/serve as the link from quant to qual.
- Manage junior staff, interns and freelance resources as well as more junior analysts on a project. Demonstrate a capability to help improve their skills,
know what and when to delegate.
- 3-4+ years relevant work experience, social science/research background desired.
- Excellent Excel, SPSS, and PowerPoint skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- Experience working on both quantitative and integrated qual/quant engagements is preferred.
- Strong project management skills including an interest in growing and building strategic consulting skills. Be extremely comfortable talking with clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for solving big problems for big brands
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.