C+R Research is looking for a Qualitative Research Director for our Qualitative Research department in our Chicago, IL office. The Qualitative Research Director will coordinate, conduct and execute qualitative research projects; work in conjunction with other experienced moderators and field support staff to design and manage client research projects; take ownership of entire research projects, from research design & proposal through written analysis/reporting/presentation; as well as develop and maintain client relationships through providing strong analytic insight and reports.
- Respond to client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended research design, methodology, timing and costs.
- Develop and apply qualitative research methods to address marketing issues.
- Manage qualitative research projects by interfacing with Field Department staff to develop screening questionnaires, coordinate respondent recruitment, select research sites and assemble project materials.
- Develop discussion guides, stimuli, homework assignments and other project materials, as warranted, on individual projects.
- Set up, conduct and manage focus groups, ethnographies, shop-alongs, webcam interviews, and other qualitative projects.
- Develop written reports and analyses based on interview transcripts/video, diaries/journals, and other data.
- Develop final reports including: presentation set-up, data analysis and editorial write-up. This will also include writing conclusions and identifying opportunities or recommendations that address our clients’ business issues.
- Attend client meetings and presentations as needed.
- Contribute to the overall organization by contributing ideas and suggestions for improving C+R’s processes and/or products and services.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience conducting qualitative research projects for CPG clients.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker a plus.
- Multi-cultural, innovation, kids/teens, online/mobile qualitative, B2B, and UX/Usability experience a plus.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative methods and technologies.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (particularly Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- A proven record of exemplary client service.
- Ability to juggle numerous concurrent projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A passion for consumer research.?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communications or other related field.
Office environment. Travel to fieldwork and client sites (moderate to heavy). This is not a remote position and candidates must be based in the Chicago area. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA/HSA, DCA, 401(k) with employer match and excellent PTO.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.