As the Manager of Consumer Insights, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Johnsonville. Beyond providing invaluable consumer insights to drive the business, you will also be able to recommend actions to be taken, working closely with and influencing decisions across the business. A successful person in this position will not only be the voice of the consumer but also be able to have a seat at the table and see the world from a marketing and business perspective.
This position will require a high degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams to support consumer-centric business and marketing initiatives, to present forward-thinking consumer trends, and to socialize consumer and product insight. The Manager of Consumer Insights will help in the development and execution of consumer strategy by leading key stakeholders through the insight hunting and validation process. As a key partner in custom research insights, you will outline research needs, develop a learning plan, design studies, and manage research suppliers to provide actionable research insights. You will serve as an insights expert primarily using qualitative and quantitative market research, though you will have access to syndicated research (IRI, NPD, Mintel etc.) to add to your analysis.
This role requires a person comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting, who is able to lead in the face of uncertainty and pull disparate pieces of data together for a cohesive and insightful consumer story.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities to drive Johnsonville sausage growth for both base business and innovation
- Disseminate learning internally to leadership, marketing, sales, and R&D to ensure internal alignment and understanding of consumer needs.
- Play a strong role in the development of the consumer insights agenda for the Johnsonville brand, including positioning, communication, and innovation, which includes both packaging and food innovations.
- Develop, manage and execute consumer insights plan to understand trends, consumer attitudes and behaviors, key functional and emotional requirements, consumption occasions, shopper needs, and translate those learnings into insights to be used as foundations for brand positioning, messaging, line extensions, etc.
- Help identify and manage outside vendors and third parties to maximize learning and value from projects. This entails actively engaging and leveraging partner intellectual horsepower, providing feedback for continual improved performance, and negotiating of contracts.