Click here to view all jobs from this company
Quant Research Dir., Shopper Insights|
|Post Date:||Feb 07, 2019||Type:||Full time|
|Start Date:||- n/a -||Salary:||- n/a -|
US - Illinois - Chicago
||Job Reference:||- n/a -|
C+R Research is looking for an experienced researcher with experience in shopper insights and panel data. This position will maintain overall accountability and leadership for the design and management of client research projects within C+R’s Shopper Insights team in partnership with the VP of Shopper Insights. This role will also develop and maintain client relationships by providing effective research designs and consultation to meet clients’ objectives (including strategic input to the questionnaire and analytic plan), strong analytic insight and reporting of findings while providing exemplary and timely client service.
- Consult with clients to understand and shape research to address business objectives and project requirements.
- Respond to client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended custom research design and/or data analysis, methodology, timing and costs.
- Work with Shopper Insights team and other C+R analysts on analytic plans, questionnaire development and final reports, reviewing and providing advice/guidance in questionnaire and presentation set-up, data posting, data analysis and editorial write-up. Learn and become an expert at pulling and structuring panel data from InfoScout Insights into effective and impactful stories, reports and charts.
- Develop final reports, usually in PowerPoint, focusing on report design, data analysis, and editorial write-up, including writing conclusions and identifying opportunities or recommendations that address clients’ business issues.
- Attend client project-related meetings and presentations.
- Serve as an internal advisor and resource for how to leverage C+R’s shopper insights solutions to address clients’ research needs – including C+R’s subscription to Numerator’s InfoScout Insights platform.
- Provide quality mentorship as needed to analysts and associates.
- Contribute ideas to the development of strategic business and marketing plans for C+R’s ShopperEyes division and help evolve capabilities resources.
- Attend capabilities presentations and contribute to new business development efforts through established client relationships and new client relationships
- Build strong client relationships through effective communications and a focus on quality research.
- Once successfully transitioned into C+R: train, manage and develop 1 direct report (analyst)
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about clients’ businesses, industries and/or customers, marketing research, and technological advancements, particularly in CPG, retail, and e-commerce.
- Contribute to the marketing & promotion of ShopperEyes by authoring occasional blog posts with current/relevant perspectives and general insights.
- Contribute to the overall organization by offering ideas and suggestions for improving processes and/or C+R’s products and services.
- Learn new methods, analytic techniques and interviewing platforms
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Special projects as required.
- Regular attendance.
Skills and Experience:
- Prior work experience in CPG and/or retail-focused research or analytics.
- Hands-on experience using, analyzing or interpreting retail household panel data from Nielsen, IRI, InfoScout, SPINS, NPD, Rakuten or similar. Exposure and familiarity with POS data is a plus.
- Understand qualitative and hybrid methods well enough to incorporate into project designs and results to create holistic shopper insights and recommended actions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Able to interface directly and persuasively with senior-level client-side marketing, sales and research executives; possess a proven record of exemplary client service
- Ability to provide clients with strategic consulting on shopper-related issues based on knowledge of client’s business sector, consumer/customer trends, and research observations.
- Experience with visual and journalistic reporting styles.
- Excellent project and people management and development skills
- Resourceful self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a passion for consumer research.
- Outgoing, positive, team-oriented work sty Experience working collaboratively across different teams and styles
- Ability to juggle numerous concurrent projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Significant, hands-on experience using Microsoft Office products.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
Office environment. May require some travel to client sites.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Address: 500 N. Michigan Ave., 11th Flo
Country: United States